Following my adventures through USA, South America and Australia

Sunday 17 June 2018

New Jersey - my adopted home in the US


(A photo after we had watched Wicked on Broadway, from top left: Uncle Jon, me, my cousin Stephanie; and bottom from left my cousins Alison and Natalie, Auntie Adriana took the photo!)
From 29th April until 7th May I stayed in New Jersey which has to be my favourite stop in the US simply because I have the greatest family! The Vernon-Browne/Herrera clan live in New Jersey which means I don't see them nearly as much as I would like to. Luckily for us in the UK they make sure to visit every Summer and every other Christmas, and sometimes we even get bonus visits! This is only the second time I've stayed with them in the US and now that I've seen you can get some really reasonable flight deals if you can be flexible with dates I would definitely like to make the trip more often!


They have a wonderful family home which meant I was treated to my very own bedroom and kingside bed (every travellers dream). The whole week consisted of playing games with the girls (really satisfying my inner child) catching up with my Aunt and Uncle including a delicious Italian dinner in a nearby neighbourhood one evening just for the grownups, spending time learning Spanish with Laura the girls nanny, planning the next few stops on my trip, playing in the playground, eating far too much, celebrating little (or not so little) Alison's 7th Birthday with the family, helping to organise a Birthday/Easter egg hunt in the garden filled with fun challenges, reading to Alison's class, helping the girls bake cupcakes, helping at Alison's cooking party with her friends, being adopted by Adriana's family by being taken to some nearby beautiful waterfalls, to the shopping mall and being fed Columbian food; watching Natalie and Alison play tennis, going out with my cousin Stephanie to an awesome bar that looked like an old style saloon, visiting my Uncle Jon's workplace (coolest office I've seen even featuring a Lego wall), and finally finishing with a bang by watching Wicked on Broadway for Alison's birthday.


It really was the best week and I was totally spoilt whilst I was there. Thank you Jon, Adriana, Natalie and Alison and the rest of the family for making sure I had a really wonderful stay. What a fantastic start to my travels! I miss you all but it is so comforting knowing that I have family I can call at anytime whilst travelling, and a place to call home in the US.

New Jersey I will be back soon, preferably for Thanksgiving as I'm desperate to experience that special American holiday!

Lucy B x

P.S. In my whole stay I didn't get a single picture of you Adriana, I will have to make up for it at Christmas ;)



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig